Sherwin Faridifar has extensive experience representing plaintiffs and defendants at the trial and appellate levels in a wide range of complex and multi-party commercial litigation matters in both state and federal court.
Prior to joining Hilliard Shadowen LLP, Mr. Faridifar practiced at Baker Botts L.L.P. for more than a decade.
- Represented SEC receiver in numerous litigation matters arising out of multi-billion-dollar international Ponzi scheme, including matters in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern and Western Districts of Texas and the Southern District of Florida.
- Represented financial services firm in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas in lawsuit involving allegations of trademark infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference, unfair competition, and conversion.
- Represented leading multinational energy company in TCEQ lawsuit involving alleged violations of the Texas Clean Air Act.
- Represented international chemical company in discovery dispute related to chemical plant explosion.
- Represented real estate association in trial court and court of appeals in contract dispute involving payment of broker commissions on a commercial lease.
- Represented indoor skydiving company in international contract dispute involving arbitration and multiple lawsuits arising out of series of licensing agreements.
- Represented semiconductor research consortium in lawsuit alleging misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference with prospective business relations, breach of contract, and business disparagement.
- Represented business-services company in lawsuit involving allegations of breach of contract, tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, unjust enrichment, and misappropriation of trades secrets, as well as the scope and applicability of the Texas Citizens Participation Act.
*Includes matters prior to joining Hilliard Shadowen LLP. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
The University of Texas School of Law
- J.D. (with high honors) 2009
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor, Texas Law Review
University of California at Berkeley
- B.S., Business Administration (with highest honors) 2005
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Austin Bar Association, Member
- Austin Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Northern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit